November 22, 2020by Israel Foulon LLP
On November 20, 2020, the Government of Ontario announced that the public health regions for Toronto and Peel would be placed in the Lockdown level of its tiered COVID-19 Response plan for a period of 28 days.
Ontario Moving Select Public Health Regions to Lockdown and Control
As of Monday November 23, 2020, at 12:01 am, the following public health regions will move from their current level in the Framework to the Lockdown and Control categories:
- Grey- Lockdown
- Peel Regional Public Health Unit
- Toronto Public Health
- Durham Region Health Department; and
- Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services.
You can review the full list of public health region classifications HERE.
Targeted Public Health Measures for Toronto and Peel
Public health regions in Lockdown are subject to the following restrictions:
- No indoor organized public events or social gatherings except with members of the same household.
- Outdoor organized public events or social gatherings limited to a maximum of 10 people;
- Wedding services, funeral services and religious services, rites or ceremonies where physical distancing can be maintained can have up to 10 people indoors or 10 people outdoors;
- Retail permitted to be open for curbside pick-up or delivery only, with certain exceptions;
- Restaurants, bars, and food and drink establishments will only be able to provide takeout, drive-through and delivery. Indoor and outdoor dining services are prohibited;
- Personal care services closed;
- Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments closed; and
- Indoor sports and recreational facilities, including pools, closed with limited exceptions.
Businesses can review a full list of the targeted public health measures for the Lockdown classification HERE.
Government of Ontario Amends Provincial Offences Act to Include Fines for Contravening COVID-19 Public Health Measures
The Government of Ontario announced plans to amend Ont. Reg. 950 under the Provincial Offences Act. Under the proposed amendments, a ticket may be issued for any contravention of a COVID-19 specific communicable disease class order issued by a medical officer of health.
You can review the full Ontario Newsroom press release HERE.
Israel Foulon’s Response to COVID-19 Israel Foulon is assessing the situation as it evolves, and is taking all necessary precautions within its workplace. To slow the spread of COVID-19 and for the health of our team and clients, absent extraordinary circumstances we are working remotely until further notice whenever possible. However, please be aware that our offices remain open and are fully functioning. In the circumstances, we encourage our clients to contact us by phone and email to the extent possible. Voicemail messages left at our office phone numbers are immediately forwarded via email. All messages will be promptly responded to. We remain steadfast in our commitment to our clients and would be more than happy to assist you with concerns regarding COVID-19 or any other employment or labour matters.